Let’s recap the day 2:
- I listened to the video and marked the two phrases that I would have liked to transcribe today. I’ve also come up with more appropriate names for them.
- I set the correct key signature to remove unnecessary accidentals from the formal musical notation.
- I listened to a looped phrase in the video, gathering possibilities, and then typing the most likely option or checking multiple options with a software instrument in GarageBand.
- I drafted the complex part, moved on to transcribe an easier part, and then returned back to improve the former.
- I started looping tiny simpler regions in the complex part, which helped me to verify the score I had and to realize what I had been missing.
- I listened to the score from the very beginning to the end of the transcribed part to see how the new part fits within the overall frame of the composition, and checked my uncertainties against the video.