I have found this list of questions on a blog of my close friend… And decided that giving my own answers would be a much better response than commenting on hers…
Here are the questions:
- What achievements matter to you?
- What would you like to be doing one year from now? Five years from now?
- What would you do with your life if you were a billionaire?
- What takes up a lot of your time but is neither unavoidable, rewarding or enjoyable?
- What would you like to do more of?
- What motivates you to do something well?
- What makes you frustrated, bored and unfulfilled?
OK, here we go.
What achievements matter to you?
I like manifesting my dreams. Achieving something that is important to me, whether there is any rational explanation or not.
And it’s hard to describe content-wise… Doing something that validates my freedom, that normally people don’t do, that resonates with exactly who I am, what I value in the world.
Still abstract. Let’s make things a bit more concrete:
- I loved travel to San Francisco and Marseille, with both cities I deeply fell in love from the first sight.
- It was incredible to attend the World Domination Summit, to connect with people who are understanding, curious, supportive, and doing their own thing no matter what.
- It was really good to be hosting Live Your Legend meetups and see attendees sharing their stories, advices and resources to help each other.
- It was incredible to take the violin lessons.
Achievements don’t really matter. The process matters, something that helps me to show myself as an artist, to contribute to my community, or to love myself and the world more.
What would you like to be doing one year from now?
Five years from now?
What would you do with your life if you were a billionaire?
Make. My. Art.
Really, that’s one answer to all three of the above. I want to make my art as much as possible. And my art starts from my lifestyle, continues with me writing and performing music, doing digital photography, but ultimately is about growing and sharing my love with others.
In a year, I want to be performing my music from the stage. To have a group of people who will support me in it, who will keep the foundation for my improvisations and cover the multiple instruments I am using in my compositions.
In five years… A world tour would be nice :)
If the money was not a question… I would clean the streets :) No, really, I really want to be campaigning for changing people’s attitude to their environment, especially in the urban spaces and in the informational spaces. For bringing to people’s attention that a thrown cigarette or a bottle, or a sent mass email are not a minute thing and actually pollute somebody else’s life…
What takes up a lot of your time but is neither unavoidable, rewarding or enjoyable?
Dealing with visa issues, aka begging the system to allow me to be where I want to be.
Worrying about “making a living” and finding ways to get money — instead of making an impact and finding ways to do things that actually matter.
What would you like to do more of?
Making my art.
Sharing my love, especially by devoting more of my time and attention to the people I care about.
Learning things I feel curious about.
Contributing to the world with my unique talents.
What motivates you to do something well?
Devoting it to someone who I really love.
Direct impact and contribution to life of someone whom I care about.
What makes you frustrated, bored and unfulfilled?
Work that does not matter (like my PhD).
Waiting. Situations when demands on a human or technology system are much higher than its capabilities. People who keep creating such situations.
Lack of authenticity.
Stuff that no one cares about.
Claims and labels that do not matter.