Note: This is a post about the day 9 of the Thirty Days of Focus, see the introductory post for more details.
Today, I started experimenting with adding chords in between the solo parts. At first, it sounds a bit weird, but I would like to explore this direction for some more time.
Additionally, I decided that the beginning of section B sounded boring in contrast with the beginning of F, so I copied it from there. Now, I have a feeling that it would be much better to move B and F quite far apart, so this copied part links the piece together over a distance, and not just repeats itself after just a few seconds.
If you would like to have a look, here’s the day 9 score.
- Using chords to add more context to solo parts.
- Bringing two similar parts to exact match because the contrast did not sound well.